What is a Crypto Browser?
Browsers are software that allows computer users to access internet services. However, in recent year web browsers have increased their functionality in addition to just connecting internet users with websites.
The top browser applications have added new features in their latest versions such as cryptocurrency custodial extensions, trading, and featuring other utilities related to blockchains.
This has led to the rise of crypto browsers that are designed to offer additional and easily accessible services to cryptocurrency investors.
How does a Crypto Browser Work?
Cryptocurrency browsers are the regular software that added some new features related to the blockchain technology. The main benefit of using a browser application is that it has a very user-friendly interface and even non-technical users can navigate through the complicated realm of blockchain tech in this form.
The functionality of a typical browser is increased by adding extensions them or downloading new protocols.
Crypto browsers allow users to download extensions that are relevant to crypto trading such as wallets, decentralized trading platforms, and security options, etc. These features are added as built-in features in the latest version of the named browsers.
Top 5 Crypto Browsers
Here are the top 5 browsers with state of the art features suited to the requirements of cryptocurrency investors:
Brave browser is known for offering BAT or Basic Attention Tokens for users for viewing advertisements on the platform. It was created by Brendan Eich who created Mozilla and wrote JS. Some of its noteworthy digital currency features are listed as under:
- Crypto Wallets
Brave has support for major cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin, Ethereum, and BAT. It has a built-in custodial service or wallet account option for users. Users can also link their wallets with MetaMask and Ledger.
- Token Rewards
Brave is one of the first browser applications to offer token rewards. The users can earn BAT by choosing to view ads on the platform. They can use their BAT reserves to top content creators and financially support top websites.
- Privacy Options
Brave has many unique privacy features such as ad blocking and data-tracking blocks. The users on the platform can also update HTTPS and use fingerprint verification to log-in.
- FireFox has the following unique features for cryptocurrency investors.
- Web3 API support for decentralized application on the Ethereum blockchain.
- Various add-ons and extensions for crypto investors such as wallets, DEXs, and analytics etc.
- Customization settings for personalized browsing with compatibility with various other crypto browsers and service providers.
- Open-sourced project allowing developers to introduce new crypto extensions and other blockchain-related services.
MetaMask is one of the most talked about browsers when it comes to cryptocurrency features. It is available as a crypto extension and wallet account at various other browsers. Here are some of its noteworthy services:
- Connects users with the decentralized applications available on the Ethereum blockchain network.
- Secure and user-friendly interface that allow investors to manage their Ethereum based products.
- Operates a built-in cryptocurrency wallet that can store ERC-20 tokens and snippets such as transaction history and active token trading etc.
- Supports Web3 projects for Ethereum network allowing users to access dApps without downloading additional software.
- Customization for crypto trading options such as adjusting gas fees, switching between various networks, and changing themes.
- Available in extension form at major browser application such as Brave, Edge, Chrome, and Firefox on both Android and iOS devices.
- Puma has a crypto wallet and compatibility with decentralized financial projects.
- Built-in wallet project with support for Ethereum and ERC-20 tokens.
- Security from phishing attacks, malware, and other security issues in the form of built-in ad blocker, tracker blocker, and encryption tools.
- IPFS support for decentralized applications interaction without needing centralized servers or services.
Opera browser has good features for mobile users; some of its crypto options are listed as under:
- Built-in crypto wallet with DNS or domain-name system support called handshake that works as a domain service based on blockchain networks.
- Support for Ethereum Web3 APIs for dApps enabling users to visit decentralized protocols directly from browser.
- Free VPN to manage traffic and access remote blockchain and internet resources while securing the privacy options for investors.
Browser applications have only started to foray into blockchain sector. More browser applications are working on introducing new crypto-related features as a way to improve user experience and capture greater portion of consumers.